Having your own space is so important, whether it be your bedroom, your office, or even your favorite spot on the couch, it's important. I was so excited when we found our home, not only because we were down to the wire, but because it has a space that I knew was going to be perfect for an office! My only problem was that I knew with all this space would come a whole lot of mess. After finally completing the decor in my office I had to get busy with organizing, and I quickly realized it was so simple, and I should have been doing these few Simple Office Organizing things all along!
1. Having a catch all is so important. There are so many random pieces of paper that float around my desk, I need to make sure I have a place to put anything that's important. I use my cork board as a catch all because it's eye level when sitting at my desk and it's very convenient.
2. Simple Calendar. If you can go through life without a calendar, I want to know your secret. I have to have something similar and easily accessible. I am always scribbling down new notes and new dates on mine, it just wouldn't be feasible to have it stuck up on a wall where writing on it would be difficult.
4. To-Do Lists! Having a to-do list is imperative to keeping things organized. If you don't know what you need to be doing, how are you going to know how to organize it? Duh.
4. Add some height to your desk! Seriously, when there are three or four different levels for your eye to go to, things will look much cleaner. And double points if your dimension doubles as storage!
5. One of the most important things for me is to have a great inspirational area! I love being able to look around my office when I'm having trouble figuring something out or have writers block and to see all of the pictures or decor. Wanting to keep all of that cute definitely helps me stay organized!
6. This one may sound a little silly, but the bigger your work space the less you'll feel cluttered. I bought a HUGE desk when we moved in to our new home, and it has aided so much in the organization process. I don't feel crammed in to a tiny space and it allows me to lay out all of my necessary materials all at one time!
It's so easy to get lose in work that you forget to keep your office organized! How are you keeping your workspace tidy?