- A good book! Mine just happens to be a girl from Salt Lick, Texas. Which is home to one of the largest flea market towns in Texas, and with a flashy pair of boots on the cover, I just knew I had to have it!
- Magazine! When books get old, and you're 30 thousand feet in the air, a good gossip tabloid is my go to! I have a 5 year subscription to Cosmo (don't judge!), and it never fails to make its way to my carry on for a flight.
- Mints! Altoids are my favorite! They are so strong and never fail to kick the coffee breath or a sweet craving at the airport!
- Unscented lotion! Most people could care less about how strongly scented their lotion is... and that drives me INSANE! I get a migraine from just about everything, including strong scents. I stocked up on these H20+ Sea Moss lotions when I found the travel size on clearance. They have almost no scent and pack some serious moisture!
- Chaptstick! Changing altitudes can lead to some chapped lips. Don't forget it! Not one likes crackling lips.
- Passport.... No explanation needed.
- Passport Cover. So maybe not a dire essential, but this super cute "Jet Set Diva" passport cover is a wallet, a passport holder and can hold your travel documents. It's too perfect to leave at home.
- Carry On Luggage Tag. We stick our names all over our checked bags but often forget to stick a luggage tag on our carry on bags. Shout out to Thomas for buying this adorable Texas luggage tag for me, he's the best!
Non- Essentials (But still important)
- Medicine! For anyone who takes medicine regularly, or just needs an Advil every once in a while, pack it in your carry on! I've heard horror stories about peoples' medicines being taken from their checked bags. Seriously, just be smart, keep any and all medicines with you!
- Pens. You never know when you may need to jot something down, or in the international case, fill out paperwork on the plan to enter a new country!
- Hand sanitizer. This should probably be on the essentials list, but not everyone likes hand sanitizer. Me? I put that shit on everything (pun intended!).
- Chargers. You never know when your electronics may need a boost. Keep these in your carry on bag so you aren't panicking when you hit 5%.
- iPad/Tablet/Activity Books. Seriously. Flights are long and layovers can be long too. You don't want to lose your mind because of boredom.
- One day's change of clothes. Because you just never know...
What are your carry on essentials?
Bags are packed, boarding passes are printed, and we are ready to hit PUNTA CANA! I can't wait to be laying on the beach in just a few short hours.