Lets get real for a second. Eating healthy is hard. I mean really hard sometimes. It's always easy to run through the drive through at Chick-fil-A, grab a #1 or a #5 and a half and half tea, where, in a perfect world, the calories wouldn't enter your body when the food does, but reality is, they do. I've been making some serious life changes lately. Not that I didn't already know how to properly fuel my body, but more recently, I have really begun training my mind that food is fuel for my body, which had lead to me creating some awesome recipes, including this one!
|Scroll over the pic and click the "PIN" button to save this recipe to your Pinterest boards!|
1 Large lime
1 Bushel of cilantro
1/2 White onion
Pinch Sea Salt (optional)
1 tsp Cumin
1. Dice tomatillos, cilantro and 1/4 onion
2. Blend tomatillos, cilantro and onion until smooth
3. Add cumin, juice from lime and salt to blended mixture, gently blend
4. Dice remaining onion and cucumber and douse in remaining lime juice
5. Add to blended mixture and mince gently (you want cucumber to still be slightly chunky)
It's so easy to make, and has the entire kitchen smelling like a Mexican fiesta! I ate this salsa with so many things this week, and I see myself making it again this week. Super easy, and it stores well in the fridge! Give it a try!
Don't forget to enter my giveaway! Click here for the details!